Approved Executive Committee of the Board of Governors 67.23
1. All members of personnel involved in an accident while fulfilling the requirements of their duties at their place of employment, are covered under the Workmen's Compensation Act of Ontario.
2. This policy should be read in conjunction with Procedure No. Physical Plant 15-2 relative to occupational injuries.
3. a) Every faculty, school or service shall conform and adhere to the Workmen's Compensation Board's regulations.
b) Actions to be taken in case of an accident at work are described in Procedure No. Physical Plant 15-2.
c) All accidents at work must be reported to the Safety Officer. Responsibility for the investigation lies primarily with the dean or director concerned.
4. If a member of personnel is disabled from earning full wages, compensation is paid. Payments dated from the commencement of disability are made every two weeks.
5. Sick leave benefits provided by policies No 9 and No. 46 of the University for non-unionized members of personnel and by collective labour agreements for unionized members of personnel will be reduced by the amount of any Compensation benefits paid by the Workmen's Compensation Plan.
6. Budgetary provisions to cover the cost of this benefit are described in Policy No. 8.
7. No exception may be made to this policy without the written consent of the Administrative Committee.
Revised January 20, 1977
(Human Resources Service)