Approved Executive Committee of the Board of Governors 68.15
ELIGIBILITY OF FEDERATED INSTITUTIONS TO FRINGE BENEFITS
1. Members of personnel of federated institutions of the University of Ottawa are eligible to participate in the various fringe benefit plans offered by the University of Ottawa provided that:
- a) the federated institution concerned expresses, in writing, to the Board of Governors of the University of Ottawa, the decision of its Board of Governors, to the effect that it agrees to participate and pay for the cost of its participation;
- b) a minimum of 75% of the eligible members of personnel register in the plan concerned, if they are required to contribute, or 100% of the eligible members of personnel if they are not required to contribute;
- c) the federated institution concerned and its members of personnel accept the terms and conditions of the insurance policies as negotiated and agreed between the University of Ottawa and the insurance companies and of the relevant University of Ottawa policies, as approved by its Board of Governors.
- d) the administrative workload warranted by the implementation and maintenance of benefit plans shall be carried by the federated institution concerned.
2. No exception may be made to this policy without the written consent of the Administrative Committee.
Revised August 28, 1970
(Human Resources Service)