Distinguished University Professor and University Research Chair
Faculty of Law, Common Law Section
“Treasure women’s history.”
1. What is your hometown?
2. What degree(s) do you hold?
BA Manitoba, LLB Osgoode Hall, LLM Harvard Law School, LLD (hon.) Law Society of Upper Canada, LLD (hon.) U of Manitoba
3. What was your first job?
Sales clerk, Eaton’s Department Store, Winnipeg
4. What inspires you the most in your current work?
Women who believe in equality
5. What is your greatest lessoned learned?
To imagine the world dramatically changed
6. What achievement are you most proud of?
Being a law professor, which gives me the potential to meet a new generation of law students
7. Who was your biggest influence or inspiration?
Currently, I am inspired by our Governor General, Michaëlle Jean.
8. What words of advice would you give to aspiring women leaders?
Treasure women’s history—the women who have gone before us have been magnificent.