Light Rail - Campus Station
Though Campus Station appears to be part of the uOttawa campus, the bus stop is the property of the City of Ottawa. As such, the new LRT (Light Rail Transit) project is being led by the City and Rideau Transit Group; Facilities coordinates with the City to try to minimize impacts on campus when possible.
As construction of the LRT may impact activities on campus, we would like to offer the following information, as found on the City of Ottawa and OC Transpo's websites, and other useful links.
- NOTICE TO RESIDENTS: Greenfield Avenue Weekend Closure (PDF)
- NOTICE TO RESIDENTS: Nicholas Street Overnight Transit Lane Closure (PDF)
- A new pedestrian tunnel will be excavated between Marion and the Transitway from February 6th to April 3rd, 2017; expect an increase in noise and vibrations over the coming months.
- A noise bylaw exemption has been granted for overnight work at Campus Station from February 6th to March 4th, 2017.
About Confederation Line
Who is building it?
To build the Confederation Line, the City of Ottawa has assembled a strong public-private partnership that includes financial commitments from the provincial and federal governments, and a proven private-sector project team, the Rideau Transit group.
Working closely with the City of Ottawa, the Rideau Transit Group will design and build the Confederation Line over the next five years and maintain the line until 2038.
The Confederation Line
The Confederation Line will be a significant part of OC Transpo’s integrated transit network. It will connect to the existing Bus Rapid Transitway at Tunney’s Pasture Station in the west and Blair Road in the east, and to the O-Train at Bayview Station. Together with a 2.5km downtown tunnel, this light rail system will move Ottawa faster and in more comfort than ever before.
Campus Station + Features
uOttawa Station is located above ground at the University of Ottawa adjacent to the Rideau Canal.
- Inviting new public plaza
- Concourse with retail space
- Integrated with existing Canal underpass