Petty Cash Voucher
From this page, you can download the form that is used when it is not possible to obtain a formal receipt or invoice for a petty cash transaction, or when there isn't sufficient room on the document to write in the required details. The page also includes a set of instructions describing how to complete this form.
- Petty Cash Voucher (PDF format, 2003-12-01)
Instructions on How To Complete the Petty Cash Voucher Form
This form is used as a replacement for the original receipt. It must be used
- when the original receipt is lost or unavailable,
- or when there isn't sufficient room on the document to write in the required details.
The various fields on the form are to be filled out as follows:
- Enter today's date.
- Enter the full name of the person being reimbursed by the petty cash custodian.
- Enter all details related to the expense in order to justify the loss or absence of the original receipt.
Centre (Fund or Orgn)
- Enter the accounting key to which the expense is to be posted as well as the corresponding amount. Make sure that the accounting key exists in the Banner financial system.
- Enter the total amount to be reimbursed including taxes.
- Enter the exact amount of G.S.T. that was paid.
Received by / Date
- The person who is being reimbursed should sign and date the form when the money is remitted to him / her.
Custodian of the Petty Cash
- The custodian should sign the form after remitting the money to the person being reimbursed.
Financial Services is responsible for the maintenance of this form