By Johanne Adam
Yes, it’s already time for final exams. From April 11 to 28, zombie-eyed students will be roaming campus in search of their next caffeine fix. There’s no escaping final exams: they’re an inevitable part of being a student! But never fear, the Gazette has assembled a few pointers to help you survive your final exams.
- Looking for a quiet place to study? The following rooms have been temporarily set aside for just that purpose during the exam period.
Début Fin Heures Salle April 11 April 13 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. TBT 323 April 18 April 28 8 a.m. tp 10 p.m. TBT 323 April 11 April 13 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. SMD 222 April 18 April 28 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. SMD 222 April 11 April 13 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. LEE B152 April 18 April 28 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. LEE B152 April 11 April 13 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. MNT 204 April 18 April 28 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. MNT 204 April 11 April 13 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. BRS 314 April 18 April 28 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. BRS 314 April 11 April 13 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. FSS 4013 April 18 April 28 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. FSS 4013 April 11 April 13 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. VNR 2027 April 18 April 28 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. VNR 2027
- Both student lounges located at the Jock Turcot University Centre have also been temporarily converted into study spaces. UCU-102 and UCU-301B are open 24/7 during the exam period.
- The first floor of Morriset Library is also open 24/7 until April 28. The library has space in group study rooms and reading rooms available, but spots are first-come, first-serve.
- You can also reserve a study room from Community Life Service, but you’ll need your student card and a deposit to do so.
- To prepare well for your exams and avoid panicking, be sure to review the tips for writing exams published by the Student Academic Success Service (SASS).
- Are exams stressing you out? Check out these great stress management techniques.
- Is winter getting you down? Take advantage of cramming sessions, study breaks or meal times to bask in some natural light in several areas on campus.
- If you’re feeling really discouraged or would just like to talk to someone who will keep your discussions completely confidential, the SASS Counselling and Coaching team is standing by to help you.
- The University’s Library research guides website is a great place to start when looking for the most relevant research to use in writing papers and preparing for exams. It also features contact information for librarians and specialists in various fields of study.
- Take note of new operating hours for Food Services. Some locations on campus will see their hours of operation change during the exam period. The Dining Hall remains open 24/7.
- Searching for that next java fix to power through your exams? Several places on campus offer a selection of caffeinated beverages.
Have a great end-of-term!