Before you book your physiotherapy appointment ONLINE, by telephone 613-564-3950 or in person, please read the following to ensure you have all of the necessary information to prepare you for your appointment:
The University of Ottawa Health Services physiotherapy team offers a comprehensive range of services emphasizing the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of all our patients. Our clinic is open to the general public, University of Ottawa and Saint-Paul University staff and students, and recreational and non-recreational athletes.
Our physiotherapists have the knowledge, skills and expertise to help you optimize your mobility and function, whether your focus is on injury prevention, or the treatment of your acute or chronic muskulo-skeletal conditions.
We offer comprehensive physiotherapy services including:
- Orthopaedic physiotherapy including manual and manipulative physiotherapy
- Treatment for musculo-skeletal conditions including knee, shoulder, neck and back pain
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- Exercise rehabilitation
Preparing for your physiotherapy appointment:
Your initial physiotherapy assessment and treatment could be from 45 to 90 minutes, depending on the complexity of your injury. Most follow-up appointments are 30 to 60 minutes in duration. Bring any doctor’s notes, referrals, or relevant test results with you to your appointment. We also recommend that you wear appropriate clothing and footwear for your physiotherapy assessments and appointments. This includes:
- X-ray, CT scan or MRI results, specialist’s reports, exercise protocol, medical note from referring physician
- Shorts (for injuries involving body parts from the mid to lower back and below)
- Sleeveless top (for injuries involving body parts mid-back and above)
- Hair clips or elastics (to hold back hair if you are having neck, shoulder, or back treatment)
- Running shoes, orthotics, ambulatory aids (i.e. cane, walker)
- Braces, supports or slings (i.e. elbow, wrist, hand, knee, ankle)
To book your appointment with a member of our physiotherapy team you can do so:
- New! You can now book an appointment for physiotherapy online! Click here to fill out the form.
- Call our main line at 613-564-3950, press 9 to continue in English, press 2, and then press 4 to book an appointment.
- Book an appointment in person at the UOHS Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy Clinic, room N203, located at the University of Ottawa Sports Complex at 801 King Edward, 2nd floor (N203).
If you are late for your appointment, you may need to reschedule for the next available date. Missed appointment fees may also apply. Consult our Appointments page for more information on our missed appointments and cancellation policies and procedures.
Physiotherapy Appointment Fees
All physiotherapy visits must be paid in full at the time of your appointment. We accept cash, Debit, Visa and Mastercard.
Physiotherapy is covered by most third-party insurance plans. While we do not provide direct billing to your third-party insurer, our Reception staff will provide you with a receipt for the physiotherapy services rendered which you can then submit to your private insurance company for reimbursement.
We do NOT accept patients for physiotherapy claims through the following third-party insurers:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Veterans Affairs
If you are seeking physiotherapy treatment for a claim involving these third party insurers, we recommend that you contact a physiotherapy centre that is billing-approved for MVA, WSIB, or Veterans Affairs. We can refer you to various clinics that offer these services.