Telephone, television and Internet
You are given the freedom and responsibility of finding the telephone service that best suits your needs. Telephone jacks are found in each unit.
Cable - We provide you with the basic Rogers Cable Service in our residence common rooms. At 90U and Rideau, cable service is also provided in the bedrooms. Just plug in your TV or adapted computer in the outlet. (Cables not provided except at 90U.)
Call 1-866-567-5778 (option 3) for any issues with you digital adapter or to order additional channels at you own costs. Visit the Rogers Website for more information about the Rogers digital TV packages.
IPTV is also available to all! Simply connect to your building WiFi SSID (e.g., in 90U: 90_University_WiFi), then visit http://www.comu.ca/uofo to watch online TV or obtain further information regarding the service.
Applies to all residences, except 45 Mann
If you live in 45 Mann, please use the instruction sheet available on site.
WiFi - Internet service is provided by Rogers Communications, and is available as soon as you move into your room. Plug into the Ethernet port in your room or connect to your residence WiFi SSID (e.g., in 90U: 90_University_WiFi) and enjoy.
Cable Modem Connection
- Determine the SSID and PassPhrase of your device by looking at the sticker on the back of the modem. Your Cable Modem will have a SSID similar to Rogers07202.
- Find the SSID (SSID named on the back of your Cable Modem) in the list of available Wi-Fi Networks on your device. Click on the SSID.
- Your device will prompt you for a password – enter the PassPhrase. Click Connect.
Resetting your Rogers Cable Modem to the factory default settings will allow a user to connect to the device with the default PassPhrase located on the back of the modem and will also allow a user to access the default device setup page.
- Find the reset button located on the back of the cable modem
- Using a pin, hold down the reset button for 15 seconds – you should see the lights on the front of the device flash.
Changing your SSID and PassPhrase - This set of instructions is sent to the residents by opening a trouble ticket at http://comu.ca/uofo
Assistance : http://comu.ca/uofo to open a support ticket or call (855) 912-2668