How to apply for residence in the Housing Portal
Guaranteed Housing – 1st year students
Housing is guaranteed to students newly admitted to undergraduate studies who meet the following criteria:
- Admitted full time to an entry program (Professional programs are excluded.)
- Not have completed more than 5 university courses
- Admitted before June 1, 2018. See dates and deadlines
Once you have been admitted, the next step is to apply for housing in the Housing Portal (an application found in uoZone).
In the Housing Portal you can:
- Select your housing preferences. To change your choices once your application has been submitted, please send an email to residence@uOttawa.ca. Do not withdraw your request.
- Pay a $700 deposit online by credit card or by an alternative payment method. (Be aware that processing your payment this way can take several days).
Note: Your housing application must be submitted and your deposit received no later than June 1, 2018 in order to maintain your guaranteed status. See dates and deadlines
All full-time students are welcome to apply for residence. If you are an upper-year student, we have options for you. Compare residences and make your choice. In doubt? Send an email to Residence@uOttawa.ca and we will be happy to contact you.
Welcome exchange students
There are openings in the Brooks apartment-style residence. As an exchange student, you can book a room for a period of 4 months or 8 months. Apply in the Housing Portal (via uoZone) and select Brooks. Should you have any difficulty accessing the Housing Portal, please send your request to Residence@uOttawa.ca
Are you in 2nd year or higher? You can apply for a room in one of the zones set aside for upper year students:.
- 45 Mann and Annex residences – Hurry up!
- 2 clusters in the Brooks Residence (75 Louis Pasteur and 620 King Edward)
- 2 floors in the Friel Residence
- 2 floors in the Rideau Residence
As of mid-August, look for a takeover or sublet opportunity on the Student Housing Billboard, contact the resident and apply in the Housing Portal (via uoZone), specifying who you are replacing, and where that person lives in residence.
During the summer months (May-August) the 90U - Stanton - Marchand Residential Complex, as well as the Rideau and the Friel Residences offer short term accommodation to thousands of visitors. A few floors are set aside for those who need accommodation for more than 30 days.
Brooks, Hyman Soloway and 45 Mann Apartments
Apartment style residences are occupied year-round. Many rooms become available for students in May. To get one, look for a takeover or sublet opportunity on the Student Housing Billboard, contact the resident and apply via the Housing Portal, specifying who you are replacing, and where that person lives.