The Rideau Residence is located near the lively Byward Market and equally close to the main campus. Formerly a hotel, the building has recently been converted to an ideal living environment for 418 students. Most first year students assigned to Rideau live in double rooms with bathroom. Single occupancy bedrooms with bathroom are also available on 4 distinct floors, two of which are reserved for students in second year or higher. On the main floor, vibrant common areas are designed to foster community engagement. Walking back to residence at night is safe, thanks to the University of Ottawa Foot Patrol.
- Reception area and lobby (open 24-7)
- Multi-purpose lounge area
- Co-working centre
- Community kitchen and dining area
- Laundry room
Electricity, hot water, heat and air conditioning included in the fees.
Wi-Fi and wired Internet, television (cable included) in each room.
- Large double room with bathroom (shared only with roommate).
- Very large single rooms with bathroom (on exclusive floors).
Cooking a meal with your friends could be the social highlight of your day! Get fresh food from the nearest Super Store or from the ByWard Farmers Market and you will love using the well-equipped community kitchen.
- 24/7 Reception Desk
- Card access
- Video surveillance
- 24/7 garage surveillance
- Waking back to Rez at night? Safe! Thanks to the uO Foot Patrol