Leaving for holidays
Holidays and breaks
Christmas and New Year’s holiday
Closing for the holidays: traditional, suite and studio style residences
All traditional, suite and studio style residences will be closing on December 21, 2018, at noon, and will reopen on January 3, 2019, at noon. Short term accommodation options be announced in a Rez Info to be issued in the Fall.
- The last mail service – pick-up and delivery – will be on December 21. Full service will resume on January 3.
- Common kitchen refrigerators will be unplugged and cleaned in the morning of December 21. Food items found will be disposed of.
- The residences will be inspected during that period, including all units and the bedrooms. No further notice will be given to this effect.
Apartment style residences are OPEN
45 Mann, Annex and Hyman Soloway residences stay open during the holidays. However, most services on campus are closed or have limited hours.
DON’T FORGET to pay your fees before leaving! Know the dates and deadlines.
Thanksgiving, reading weeks and Easter
All residences are OPEN
- Food services outlets remain open, but the cafeteria operates on reduced service during this time.
What to do before leaving
- Unplug all electric devices, especially those with heating elements. Back-up your computer's hard drive and unplug your computer.
- Pull things away from the heaters and leave the thermostats at 15 degrees.
- Close and lock your window. Close the curtains.
- Make sure all air vents are free of obstructions.
- Report any defective tap, drain or toilet.
- Bring your valuables with you.
- Empty your mailbox.
- Do not forget your access card and keys and do not lend them to anyone.
- Turn off lights.
- Empty your fridge or make sure there is no perishable food in it.
- Take out to the bins all garbage, compost and items for recycling. (Composting stops on December 19.)