Leaving for holidays
Holidays and breaks
Christmas and New Year’s holiday
Traditional, suite and studio style residences are CLOSED
All traditional, suite and studio style residences are closed and locked starting December 23 at noon until January 6 at noon. Short term accommodation options be announced in a Rez Info to be issued in the Fall.
- The last mail service – pick-up and delivery – will be on December 22. Full service will resume on January 3.
- Common kitchen refrigerators will be unplugged and cleaned in the morning of December 22. Food items found will be disposed of.
- The residences will be inspected during that period, including all units and the bedrooms. No further notice will be given to this effect.
Apartment style residences are OPEN
Brooks,Hyman Soloway and Mann residences stay open during the holidays. However, most services on campus are closed or have limited hours.
DON’T FORGET to pay your fees before leaving! Know the dates and deadlines.
Thanksgiving, reading weeks and Easter
All residences are OPEN
- Food services outlets remain open, but the cafeteria operates on reduced service during this time.
What to do before leaving
- Unplug all electric devices, especially those with heating elements. Back-up your computer's hard drive and unplug your computer.
- Pull things away from the heaters and leave the thermostats at 15 degrees.
- Close and lock your window. Close the curtains.
- Make sure all air vents are free of obstructions.
- Report any defective tap, drain or toilet.
- Bring your valuables with you.
- Empty your mailbox.
- Do not forget your access card and keys and do not lend them to anyone.
- Turn off lights.
- Empty your fridge or make sure there is no perishable food in it.
- Take out to the bins all garbage, compost and items for recycling. (Composting stops on December 19.)