Building code: MNT
In 1972, Montpetit Hall was constructed to house the School of Human Kinetics as well as sports and recreational facilities, linking them to the south-east corner of the University Centre. The complex was named for Médéric Montpetit, who in 1949 persuaded the University to establish an Institute of Physical Education and Recreation, which he administered until 1964. Montpetit was awarded an honorary doctorate at the inauguration of Montpetit Hall in 1973. Two new classrooms were built in 1990. They are located over the pool in Montpetit Hall and are called the De Celles Lecture Halls, after their principal private donor.