You don’t need us to tell you that carpooling can save you money on gas and vehicle maintenance, and can even reduce stress. If you’re not already carpooling, maybe you’re worried about losing the flexibility you occasionally need to fit your schedule.
Now uOttawa makes it easier than ever to start carpooling, with new Carpool Perks to help make ridesharing work for you.
If you don’t know of anyone to share the ride with, we can help you find people to drive with by using our ride-matching service at uottawacarpool.ca! This site can help match you with potential carpooling partners who live and work near you - a uOttawa email address is required to sign up.
You can even try out carpooling for up to three months without fear of losing your old parking permit if you decide to go back to driving by yourself.
Please note: Our carpool website is designed for daily commutes to and from the University. uOttawa no longer offers an online ride board for out-of-town trips.
To register as a uOttawa carpool group, please fill the pdf form and submit it to the Parking's Office.
New Carpooling Perks for uOttawa Employees!
- Emergency Ride Home
- Set your mind at ease knowing you can cab home if you need to
- Preferential Parking
- A reserved parking space just for you!
- Carpool Parking Rebate *NEW*
- One free month of parking per year!
- Occasional Day Permit Reimbursement *NEW*
- Get reimbursed for daily parking when you need to drive to work alone!
- Priority Transfer Requests *NEW*
- Wish you had a permit for a different lot? Move to the top of the transfer list in the location of your choice!
For full program details, please see our Carpooling Policy.
Please note that Carpool Perks are only available to members of Carpool Groups that are registered with the Parking and Sustainable Transportation office (pdf) (see below for eligibility criteria). If your group qualifies, apply today!
Individual Members are eligible to receive Perks one month after they have been registered. To claim reimbursement for a Carpool Perk, please complete this form (pdf) and return it to the Sustainable Transportation office by internal mail, fax (613-562-5110) or email (email@example.com).
- My group has at least three members from uOttawa staff or faculty
- Group members come from at least two different home addresses
- At least three members of my group commutetogether at least four days per week
- All my group members live at least 5km from campus
- None of my group members are registered in another Carpool Group
If you’re looking for additional group members, or looking for a group to join, try out uOttawa’s dedicated ride-matching portal at uottawacarpool.ca!