The dedicated team of trained volunteers helps keep our campus community safe and work at increasing the visibility of the various crime prevention programs offered at the Community Protection Office, namely:
- STOP THEFT
- Strategic and preventive patrols
- Operation Identification
- Info-Crime and crime analysis
- Monthly Theme tables on current and pertinent topics
- September: bike theft prevention
- October: prevention of sexual violence
- November: apartment break and enter prevention
- December: stress management
- January: identity theft and safe use of Facebook
- February: illegal drugs and date rape drugs
- March: labor laws and landlord and tenant act
- April: stress management and bike theft prevention
Lost and Found
Did you lose something? Do you need crime stats? Do you want more information concerning Community Protection? Please don't hesitate to visit us in Room 02A or give us a call at 613-562-5800, ext. 4636.
Do you wish to volunteer for Community Protection? We are currently recruiting new volunteers. If you are interested in joining the team, please download the PDF application form (form) and drop it off at the Community Protection office. Do become a volunteer, you will have to go through an interview and successfully pass a background check conducted by the Ottawa Police.
For many people, Community Protection is the office in the University Centre where lost and found is located. While this is a service Community Protection offers, there is much more. Community Protection is actually a crime prevention office. More specifically, the office encourages community members to take part in various crime prevention programs designed to counter crime on our campus. Community Protection is an auxiliary service of Protection Services and works in partnership with the Foot Patrol Service.
During regular semester periods
From Monday to Friday
10AM to 4PM
During exams periods
From Monday to Friday
1PM to 3PM
85 University Private
613 562-5800 ext. 4636
Because the Community Protection Office is run entirely by volunteer students, it may happen that the office is closed during office hours.
In that case, please contact Protection Services at the number 613-562-5499 anytime.