Enrolment forms and tools

We’ve gathered our most useful enrolment forms and tools on this page to help you make a well-informed course selection and plan your timetable before the start of the enrolment period.


You can complete most course enrolment transactions online by logging into uoZone and clicking on the Enrol application. However, if you need to make your request in person or complete a specific task, here are the forms you might need.

Course enrolment (regular students)

If you’re admitted to a program and are enrolling in courses at the University of Ottawa for the first time, complete the undergraduate course enrolment form (PDF).

Course enrolment (special students)

If you’d like to enrol as a new special student at the University of Ottawa, in other words, without being admitted to a program, please begin the enrolment process by filling out the personal identification form for undergraduate special students.

If you’ve previously been enrolled at uOttawa or Saint-Paul University, you can proceed directly to online enrolment. To do so, please log into uoZone and click on the Enrol application.

  • Online enrolment is not possible for students in the Transfer of credits category. If you are in this category, please print and complete the undergraduate special student enrolment form (PDF) and bring it with you to the undergraduate studies office of the faculty offering the course during the enrolment period.

Course enrolment (incoming exchange students)

If you’re taking a course at the University of Ottawa as part of a student exchange, complete the undergraduate course enrolment form for incoming exchange students (PDF) before you arrive and send it to the faculty academic advisor you’ve been assigned to at the University of Ottawa. This advisor will handle your enrolment for the duration of your exchange at the University of Ottawa.

Change or cancellation of enrolment (regular and special students)

If you wish to change or cancel your enrolment, try to do it first online in uoZone (under Applications, click Enrol). If you are not able to, complete the Modification/Cancellation of enrolment form (PDF) and bring it to the academic secretariat of your faculty or school.

Permission to take courses at another university

If you’d like to take one or more courses at a university other than the University of Ottawa or Carleton University, complete the Letter of Permission request form (PDF) and submit it to the academic secretariat of your faculty or school.


Administrative fees apply for the letter of permission request.

University of Ottawa-Carleton University exchange program

If you’re a University of Ottawa student and would like to study at Carleton University as part of an exchange agreement with Carleton, complete the Exchange Program — University of Ottawa-Carleton University form (PDF) and submit it for approval to the academic secretariat of your faculty or school.

Request for prior-learning recognition

We recognize that learning occurs not only by taking university courses (or their equivalent) but also through other means: career experience, self-teaching, non-credit courses, workplace training, etc. Prior learning recognition (PLR) makes it possible for students who have acquired knowledge in a non-traditional manner to receive advanced standing for a course with a specific course code offered at the University, or in certain cases, to be granted an exemption. To request PLR, complete the Request for Prior-Learning Recognition form (PDF) and submit it with all the required documents to the academic secretariat of your faculty or school during your first term at the University of Ottawa.


Administrative fees apply for the request for prior-learning recognition.

Sample timetable tools

Create sample timetables to get ready before the official course enrolment period begins. This way, you’ll have a better idea of courses you want to add to your timetable when you log into uoZone to enrol.

Course timetable

Search all courses offered at the University of Ottawa, read course descriptions and find out which sections are offered, when and where.

Use the course timetable tool.

Timetable template

Build your course timetable for the Fall and Winter terms. The template is already divided into timeslots according to the University’s course schedule.

Other useful resources

Undergraduate program and course calendars

Consult the official source of information on all University of Ottawa undergraduate programs. You can find your program requirements, such as which mandatory, optional and elective courses you need to take, and read course descriptions.

Find your program in the list of programs offered by discipline.

S Report — Evaluation of teaching and courses

Students fill out a teaching evaluation questionnaire to evaluate all courses consisting of at least nine hours with the same professor. Once compiled, results are available in the S Report, which describes certain aspects of a professor's teaching methods. The report is available through uoZone, under Applications.


To help you with course enrolment, we’ve created tutorials that provide tips and explain functions like finding and changing courses, how to use your shopping cart, how to add your name to a waitlist, how to check your progress towards completing your academic requirements and much more.

Consult the tutorials, available on the individual enrolment applications in uoZone.

Understanding course schedules

Learn to read course codes and know the differences between course component types.

Learn to understand course schedules.

Back to top