Regional Mentoring Centre
Why speak to us?
- You need a hand with your course work.
- You'd like to take part in an activity, but don't want to go alone.
- You miss your family, your hometown, your dog.
- You'd like to know more about services offered at uOttawa.
- You'd like to get to know the city of Ottawa.
- You might want to change your program, or drop or change a course.
- Something is bothering you or you're stressed out.
- You need to confide in someone anonymously.
- You'd like to help us improve the student experience by telling us about your own university experience.
If one or more of these statements apply to you, it's totally normal! Anytime of the year, if you don't know where to turn, you can count on us.
We’re a friendly, knowledgeable team of 14 mentors from different regions of Canada. We offer individualized services, mostly to first-year students or students at uOttawa for the first time. We strive to go above and beyond to help you. No one is better suited than we are to support you in your studies and life at university.
Your academic, social and cultural well-being is our priority.
We’re here to support you from the first time you arrive on campus and enrol to the last day of exams, through everything that affects your university life.
We have access to key people and resources in every University service and department.
We know a lot about the services offered on campus and can also speak about our own student experience. Our advice is based on what we’ve learned on our own journey.
We organize free social activities, because it’s so much easier to succeed when you’ve got others around you! Get involved and meet new people!
- Amazing Race scavenger hunt: September 9, 2017
- Regional activities: pumpkin carving competition, group outing to Escape Manor, board game night at the Loft Board Game Lounge, scary movie and pizza night, excursion to Gatineau Park
- Off-campus housing presentation: Date to be confirmed
- Information fair on program changes: Date to be confirmed
- Regional activities: skating on the Rideau Canal and beavertails, chocolate fondue at Cacao 70, uOttawa Snow Festival, pizza and comedy night with the uOttawa student improv league
- Enrolment help sessions for first-year students: Dates to be confirmed
- Regional orientation sessions: Dates to be confirmed
To find out more or to take part in any of these activities, check your mentor’s Facebook group.
More ways of contacting us
Send us a message
Send us an email or a Facebook message anytime! We’ll answer within 48 hours.
In an emergency, contact Protection Services at 613-562-5411.
Come see us
Our office is located on the main level of Tabaret Hall (room 118) near the rotunda. We’re available Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
See our complete contact information at the bottom of this page.
Read our blog
Find us on social media
Facebook groups by area
- Eastern Ontario Students at uOttawa 2017-2018
- Étudiants de l’Est ontarien à l’Université d’Ottawa 2017-2018
South Central Ontario
- South Central Ontario Students at uOttawa 2017-2018
- Étudiants du Centre-Sud de l’Ontario à uOttawa 2017-2018
Greater Toronto Area
- Ottawa Students at uOttawa 2017-2018
- Étudiants de la région d’Ottawa à l’Université d’Ottawa 2017-2018
- Secondary 5 Students at uOttawa 2017-2018
- Étudiants du secondaire 5 à l’Université d’Ottawa 2017-2018
- Étudiants des provinces atlantiques à uOttawa 2017-2018
- Atlantic provinces students at uOttawa 2017-2018