Training on mental health awareness and intervention is available to help you learn to identify and respond to members of the community who might be experiencing distress.
- MoreFeetOnTheGround.ca is a mental health education partnership program and website aimed at helping the staff and students of Ontario universities “recognize, respond and refer students experiencing mental health issues on campus”
- Mental Health First Aid (French and English): uOttawa employee training program for supervisors to help them better recognize the symptoms of mental health problems and increase their confidence in guiding others towards appropriate resources for care
- Council of Ontario Universities’ Accessible Campus (French and English) (which shares some content with MoreFeetOnTheGround) offers training and information about mental health on campus, including:
- CAMH’s Mental Health and Addiction 101 series (French and English) provides “free, quick, easy-to-use online tutorials” intended for a general audience that offer education on substance use and mental health issues
- Mental Health First Aid Canada is a Website created by the Mental Health Commission of Canada offering online resources and training options pertaining to mental health.
- They offer, for example, Guidelines for the Practice and Training of Peer Support, and Psychosis First Aid Guidelines.