Tool box for Writing
Here you will find useful links to support you in your writing.
- The Pomodoro Technique is a great way to improve your productivity and manage your distractions. Here is a link to the Tomato Timer.
- Find more information on how to organize social writing groups at Shut Up and Write!
- Check out the website on Scholarly Communication for information on publishing, author rights, and open access to research.
- Here some useful journal search engines:
- Jane is a search engine that will compare your title or abstract to millions of documents in PubMed to help you find journals, authors or even articles that are relevant to your project.
- Edanz is a search engine that finds the best publishing journals, based on your abstract. It will give you a list of journals that have published articles relevant to your topic. Furthermore, the tool allows you to filter and refine the options you are presented. You can also obtain more information on the journals recommended to allow you to make an informed decision.
- The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute has a Centre for Journalology, their goal is to enhance reporting quality for research articles. Read up on their research on Predatory journals, their reporting guidelines as well as how they are working on improving metric systems for research outputs.Check out the OHRI Centre for Journalology web page.