The Selection Committee for the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine has begun work to find a successor to Dr. Jacques Bradwejn who will complete his second term on June 30, 2017.
As stipulated in the Procedure for Appointing a Dean, a Selection Committee has been struck. It is comprised of fourteen members:
- Jacques Frémont, President and Vice-Chancellor
- David Graham, Vice-President, Academic and Provost
- Mona Nemer, Vice-President, Research
- Hélène Perrault, Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences
- Steffany Bennett, Representative of the Board of Governors and Professor at the Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology
- David Park, Member of the Association of Professors of the University of Ottawa and Director of the Brain and Mind Research Institute
- Alan Karovitch, Professor, Department of Medicine and Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine
- Donald Miller, Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine
- Mona Jabbour, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine
- Jean-François LeMay, Representative of the Faculty of Medicine Support Staff and Financial Services Manager
- Bensun Fong, Student, Faculty of Medicine
- Frances Pick, Professor, Non-Member of the Faculty of Medicine and Director of the Department of Biology
- Samuel Benaroya, External Member and Associate Vice-Principal (Health Affairs) and Associate Dean, McGill University
The services of the recruitment firm Kenniff & Racine have been retained to aid the members of the Selection Committee in the search for the next Dean of the Faculty of Medicine.