Approved Executive Committee of the Board of Governors 67.23
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP FEES FOR REGULAR SUPPORT STAFF
1. The membership fees of regular support staff members to professional associations may be charged to the budget of the faculty, school or service, provided:
- a) the membership fees are paid to a recognized professional association;
- b) membership in the professional association is a requirement of the position, as documented in the job description.
3. Membership payment is limited to one association per employee per year.
4. Membership reimbursement must be approved by the requester’s director or dean, by the vice-president or associate vice-president, as appropriate.
5. Reimbursement is made to the employee who holds the recognized professional designation. No payment will be made directly to a professional association.
6. No exception may be made to this policy without the written consent of the Vice-President, Resources.
Revised February 28, 2007
(Office of the Vice-President, Resources)