Approved Board of Governors 73.114
LEAVES OF ABSENCE FOR ACADEMIC STAFF (NON-UNIONIZED FULL-TIME)
1. The purpose of this policy is to determine the leaves of absence for non-union academic staff members. These are:
2. The administration of this policy is under the responsibilityof deans of faculties and schools and of the Vice-rector, Academic fordean's requests. The main function of Human Resources Service shall beto provide interpretation and assistance to deans in the administrationof this policy.
3. The standards which apply to the various types of leavesare in compliance with those described for the above leaves in theCollective Agreement.
The clinical professors who are Category A GeographicalFull-Time are eligible for these leaves. Although they are not tenured,they are eligible for a "special leave called sabbatical" providingthat they meet the other requirements of the Collective Agreement forthis leave.
4. This policy replaces policies Nos. 15 and 16.
5. No exception may be made to this policy without the written consent of the Administrative Committee.
Revised August 31, 1988
(Office of the Vice-rector, Academic)