Correction of personal information

Correction of personal information request

You have the right to request access and/or the correction of your personal information. If you believe there is an error or omission of your personal information held by the University you may request it's correction under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act by completing the Access and Correction Request Form [PDF]. You must provide sufficient evidence to support your claim that the factual information about you is incorrect or incomplete

  • Please send to the Access to Information and Privacy Office (see contact information below) .

If the Director, Access to Information and Chief Privacy Officer  decides to correct your personal information, the University will correct the information and give you notice that the correction has been made within 30 days of receiving your request. If the Director notifies you that your request to correct your personal information is denied then you may send a statement of disagreement which will be attached to the relevant record. 

Right to appeal

 If you are not satisfied with the University's decision in relation with your access to information or correction of personal information request, you may appeal the University's Director, Access to Information and Chief Privacy Officer's decision to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.

An appeal must be made with the Commissioner with 30 calendar days after you receive notice of the decision you wish to appeal.

The fee payable to the Commissioner when filing an appeal is:

  1. $10.00, if you requested access to your own personal information;
  2. $10.00, if you requested a correction to your own personal information; and
  3. $25.00, if you requested access to any information besides your own personal information.

Information and Privacy Commissioner / Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario
M4W 1A8

Telephone: 1(800)387-0073
Fax: (416)325-9195 

Back to top