En français SVP!
Did you know that our campus has a student lounge dedicated to Francophonie? Since 2011, we have managed the Carrefour Francophone, a community resource and cultural centre where Francophone and Francophile students can socialize in French, thereby spreading and promoting the use of the French language.
The Carrefour Francophone is open!
Here is the new schedule for the Winter 2023 term.
- Monday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
NOTE: The Carrefour Francophone is closed during Reading Week from February 19 to 25, 2023.
Our mission at the Carrefour Francophone is to:
- Serve as the hub of Francophone socio-cultural life for the University of Ottawa's Francophone and Francophile student population.
- Promote and develop French culture in Ontario by providing access to a wide array of resources and information centering on this matter while considering other French-language cultures.
- Help strengthen and consolidate the University of Ottawa's Francophone community and to prompt more networking in this community through activities organized in cooperation with specialists from both the university and Ottawa region.
What can I do at the Carrefour?
- Chat with your friends (in French of course!)
- Talk with the coordinator of the Carrefour to learn more about French sociocultural life on campus and in the Ottawa region.
- Participate in one of the many activities that happen here every week.
- Hold your own activity! This activity should be open to all students and should contribute to their sense of belonging to the Francophone and Francophile community on campus. Get in touch with the coordinator to learn more about the booking policies.
The Carrefour Francophone hosts a large variety of events to allow the uOttawa community to stay connected with their culture. Whether you’re a Francophone or a Francophile, you’re always welcome!
Mois de la Francophonie
March is the Mois de la Francophonie and the University of Ottawa joins the international community in celebrating French language and culture in all its forms. Activities will take place all over campus during the month of March — concerts, exhibitions, talks, films and more!
This March, let’s celebrate our own rich, dynamic Francophone community. The full schedule will be released and linked here in February 2023.
Location & Contact Info
Contact the Carrefour Francophone
We can assist you with finding resources on campus whether you would like to learn French or organize your own event in the Carrefour.
Get in touch with us by emailing [email protected].
Carrefour Francophone Map
Interested in stopping by the Carrefour? You can find us in UCU 026 right next to where you took your U-Pass photo. See you there!