OVER $2,000 TO BE WON
Are you a dancer? singer? artist? musician? juggler? comedian? This is your time to show the uOttawa community your talents! Upload your pre-recorded performance. Over $2,000 in prizes to be won courtesy of RBC! Submit your 30-60 second audition before November 21st !
You won't want to miss it. Be sure to follow @uOCampus for updates!
- Video submission period: November 11 to November 21, 2020
- Voting period: November 24 to November 29, 2020
- The uOTalent competition is open to all uOttawa current students.
- Every act must feature one student only.
- Talents may include, but not limited to, singing, dancing, acting, comedy, instrumental music, magic, gymnastics/martial arts, juggling, etc.
- All video submissions will be made public, by submitting your act, you agree that it will be available for anyone to watch online.
- Acts must be no more than 60 seconds.
- Decisions of the judges and public votes are final.
- Every act will be screened for approval by the uOTalent committee. Submissions with profanity/vulgar languages or inappropriate content will be automatically disqualified. Costumes must also be appropriate as videos are made public.
- By submitting a video, you accept that uOttawa might use it on public platform for promotional purposes or others.
How to participate:
- All acts must be pre-recorded and submitted to program@uOttawa.ca before November 21st at 2 p.m.A file transfer service can be used (OneDrive, We Transfer, etc.). Please include your name, program of study and why you enjoy this talent.
- The jury will select the top 12 videos to be featured publicly. Every day during the voting period, 3 videos will be featured the @uOCampus Instagram Feed and one will be voted into the finals by the public (by commenting on the post). The final will feature 4 videos and the jury will determine which one is 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place.
Selection of winners:
- The voting period will be between November 24, 2020 at 11 a.m. to November 29th 2020 at 2 p.m. The winners will be announced on November 30th on the @uOCampus social media accounts.
- The jury prize will be award based on the votes from the members of the jury:
- First place: $1,000 credit to student account
- Second place: $750 credit to student account
- Third place: $250 credit to student account
- Fourth place: $75 to student account