You’ve probably realized the gym is extremely active. With so many people and the large variety of activities to choose from, it can be a bit intimidating. No need to worry though, Campus Recreation has your back. They have put together a list with all the information you need to get the most out of your time in the gym!
Also, remember that walk ins are now welcome at the fitness centre! Booking a time is no longer required, but we will be respecting our capacity limits.
- Training during off hours can help you to avoid the crowds that tend to accumulate during peak times at the fitness centres. If you’re a morning person try getting up a little earlier and hitting the gym when it opens. Night owls, the gym is open late so you can get some quiet time at the gym without having to wake up with the sun. Check out the full to plan your next gym session.
- Drop-in activities are available to students who wish to play their favourite sports in a recreational capacity, varsity athletes who want extra practice time, or those who are just looking to try something new. Some of the sports offered are basketball, squash, pickleball, volleyball and soccer. You can find the full list with more information, .
- Free group fitness classes are available to all students and are a great way to get your blood pumping and stay in shape! A professional will be there to guide you and sure that you are getting the most out of it. Some of the fitness classes include Zumba, EIO, HIIT and Tae Cardio. The schedule for these classes can be found ! Check to see if anything catches your eye and drop in!
- Lane swimming is offered to students who wish to spend some time in the pool. There are different options available depending on your skill and comfort level including 25 metre and 50 metre lane swim, leisure swim, and a women only swim time. ahead of time to ensure you get a spot.
- Certification courses are offered in the aquatic centre of the gym to anyone who wishes to gain life saving skills. Some of the courses available include the Standard First Aid with CPR-C/AED, the National Lifeguard Pool recertification, and Airway Management. If earning these are certifications is of interest you, you can find more information .
Drop by the Client Services desks located in Montpetit or the Minto Sports Complex if you have any questions!