Spotlight on Employers is building a bridge between students and employers. This is an opportunity for students to ask questions on recruitment process, organization values, available positions, recruitment periods and more.
Every month, a different employer will be featured on the blog. Read the article and ask all of your questions at the bottom of the page.
The 50,000th CO-OP work term took place at Brookfield Renewable this winter. The Civil Engineering Student, Jordy Alex Ntiringaniza held a position in risk control.
Focus on Brookfield Renewable
Brookfield Renewable is one of the largest renewable energy businesses with over 100 years of history, while contributing to the global need for greater energy sustainability. Our dynamic organization is strongly focused on achieving results and producing returns for our investors while respecting the highest standards of integrity, safety and security.
We are a global leader in hydroelectric power, which comprises approximately 76% of our portfolio. We are also an experienced owner, operator and investor of global wind, solar, distributed generation, and storage facilities.
Brookfield Renewable, the numbers
We have an established track record of creating value by prudently acquiring, building and financing assets, and actively managing its operations.
- A portfolio that consists of over 18,000 MW of capacity and 930 generating facilities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
- Our investment objective: to deliver long-term annualized total returns of 12%–15%, including annual distribution increases of 5–9% from organic cash flow growth and project development
Why work with us? You would like to…
We are looking for candidates who:
We consider student recruitment to be essential to our long term success. We recruit talented students who share our vision for long-term, sustainable growth, and enjoy being part of a team. Students who join Brookfield Renewable have the opportunity to develop their professional skills within a company that is invested in your growth and progression.
Brookfield Renewable offers opportunities in the following areas:
- Accounting and finance
- Trading and marketing
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
Students interested in our company can explore our career opportunities.
Did you know…
- Headquartered in Gatineau within the National Capital Region, Brookfield Renewable Canada established its position in the renewable power industry with four hydro stations located along the Lièvre River, QC in 1999. Today, Brookfield Renewable proudly contributes to the renewable power evolution with 18,000 MW of capacity globally across four continents.
- Located in close proximity to Parliament, Brookfield Renewable Canada’s head office is home to approximately 450 high caliber professionals. Here, our team manages over 60 renewable power facilities, in addition to pursing development opportunities across the country.
- Our portfolio and development expertise in hydro, wind and solar power enable us to accelerate Canada towards a low-carbon future by powering both its vibrant metropolitan areas and remote, close-knit communities alike.
‘’ Brookfield Renewable has an exceptional student program where the management team places emphasis on allowing students to engage in core business operations and contribute to the success of the company.” – Griffin
‘’At Brookfield Renewable, I have been exposed to a variety of projects, and learned more than I had any right to expect. As a student, you can work to your full potential and be given the ability to make valuable contributions to the company.” – Shkelqim
“Brookfield Renewable has proven to be a very dynamic and unique company that provides continuous learning opportunities, challenges and inspires you to always complete your very best work.” - Karina