We are one of Canada's biggest banks, and one of the largest in the world based on market capitalization. Thanks to our 81,000+ full- and part-time employees who serve 16 million clients in Canada, the U.S. and 34 other countries, we are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
Our Purpose: Helping clients thrive and communities prosper
Our Vision: To be among the world’s most trusted and successful financial institutions
- Client First
- Diversity & Inclusion
Why working with us – The benefits
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including competitive compensation, bonuses, and flexible benefits
- Continued opportunities for career advancement
- World-class sales training, coaching, and development opportunities
- Support from a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high performing team, as well as world-class tools and training
- Opportunity to achieve great success and grow your career with RBC
The qualities we are looking for:
- Demonstrated passion for putting clients first, as well as success in a hands-on, target-driven sales environment
- Problem-solving and people skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and proactively connect with clients
- Flexibility, eagerness to learn, strong personal ethics, and a hunger for success
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
Types of jobs
- Client Advisor Summer Co-op Program: Open the door to the first of many opportunities at RBC and experience the challenges and rewards of working in the financial services industry. If you have the drive to deliver exceptional customer service, you can build a great career with us and gain progressive learning opportunities year over year through our Internship Program.
- Client Advisor: As an RBC Ambassador inside our branches, you will put clients first and find solutions to their individual needs. You will champion the RBC brand and drive business by supporting new client acquisition and deepening existing relationships. If you have the self-motivation to deliver exceptional customer service and thrive in a target based performance environment, you can build a great career with us as a future Banking Advisor.
- Banking Advisor: This unique position calls on your client-focused sales expertise and natural problem-solving skills to maximize each client interaction. Specifically, you help clients with their everyday banking, credit, and investment needs. You add value in the moments that matter most to clients and collaborate with RBC partners to help clients achieve their goals. Whether you’re demonstrating to a client how to use digital banking, on-boarding a new client, or referring a complex opportunity to a specialist, your expertise will contribute to creating meaningful and memorable client experiences to drive client satisfaction and loyalty.
My overall experience at RBC Royal Bank as a summer student has been amazing! This program helped me acquire valuable skills and experiences in the workforce. From customer service, to sales, and even advertising! RBC offers so many activities that employees can participate in as a community which have been extremely beneficial and fun. What made my experience this summer exceptionally remarkable was the amazing support from all my colleagues, the work culture at RBC is truly phenomenal and I feel like I have made some lifelong friends.Many laughs have been shared over the summer, but this overall opportunity helped me work towards achieving my career goals.
Corina – Summer Student, Banking Advisor
Working at RBC has been more than just a job for me. I have been granted opportunities I never thought I would across at such a young age. RBC has given me a chance to really set up a future for myself. RBC is my first real career driven job, I have learned the discipline of a 9-5 job and really began to understand the working life. I have learned more than I could have imagined about finance and banking, as well as customer service. I have had many networking opportunities such as orientation meeting and the RBC next gen meeting. I have developed as a person in this establishment; I pushed my limits as an employee and learned so much about my capabilities. This job has also given me a new perspective on my future; I have learned that a bank is way more than just money transaction. This new outlook has pushed me to think more about my future and my savings for the real world. This organization has taken me in as a co-op student but taught me skills and given me opportunities that not only benefit my education but my future. The Royal Bank is a large organization and I cannot wait to find out what my future holds at RBC. This organization gave me more than just a summer internship and I could not be more grateful.
Claudia – Summer Student, Client Advisor
Did you know…
- RBC was founded in 1864 in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- RBC included on the 2018 list of “Best Workplaces™ in Canada by Great Place to Work®
- In 2017 RBC announced “Future Launch”, a 10 year, $500 million-dollar commitment to help prepare youth for the future of work