Kick start your career in Canada with the CDPIS!
Are you an international student who envisions a life in Canada? If so, the Career Development Program for International Students is here to help kick start your career here! The program offers various workshops held over five weeks both in French AND in English. If you want to know how to benefit from networking events or how to ace an interview, this program is for you! Learn all about employability in Canada, job search strategies and immigration through hands-on learning.
- To be certified and add this to your resumé.
- To receive answers to all your questions regarding various topics related to the Canadian job market.
- To experience hands-on learning with interactive activities and volunteering.
- To network with potential employers during our networking events.
- To be ready for a career in Canada!
To have a place reserved, the only criteria is to be an international student at the University of Ottawa. Registrations are now open for the Winter semester (January 14 - February 12). Spots are limited; first come, first serve.
*The priority will be given to the international students of the University.
Exchange students are welcome but their place will depend on availability.
- Attend all five workshops and at least one of the International Office’s monthly information sessions on immigration.
- Complete at least five hours of Community Service through the MJGCE
- Attend at least one networking event (reception, job fair, etc.)
- Write a one-page critical analysis about your experience
*Some tasks may go beyond the last workshop.
IMPORTANT: Check the important dates and deadlines page for registration and questions regarding deadlines.