- You have already started to plan your career.
- You are looking for more information in order to carry out your future professional path.
- You are looking for job search tools or techniques.
Explore the following resources and do not hesitate, if you need additional support, come and meet our team at Career Services. Contact us by email, or call us at 613-562-5806 or drop by our offices to schedule an appointment.
- Canadian Relocation Systems – Ontario Disability Issues
- Help and advice for relocation purposes.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- A leading source of free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
- Service Commission of Canada
- Automated process for assessment accommodation requests
Job Search Websites
- Ability Edge
- National paid internship program for graduates with self-declared disabilities to assist them in gaining career-building work experience
- Jobs Abilities
- Canadian Abilities Foundation's web site for job seekers to gain exposure to employers who are committed to diverse work places.
- Job Opportunity Information Network (JOIN)
- Employment network of choice in the Greater Toronto Area for persons with disabilities and for employers.
Other Employment and Support Resources
- Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work
- Canadian Association of Professionals with Disabilities
- A federally incorporated non-profit dedicated to maximizing the inclusion, job retention, and advancement of current and future professionals with disabilities.
- LEADS Employment Servicabiles
- Assistance to people with barriers to develop skills and obtain employment, enabling a higher quality of life.
- A networking tool where professional contacts can be created.
- National Educational Assocation of Disabled Students (NEADS)
- A Consumer organization, with a mandate to encourage the self-empowerment of post-secondary students with disabilities.
- ability Employment Network
- A professional body of employment service providers united to increase employment opportunities for people who have a disability.
- Ontario Disability Program: Employment Support
- Employment support or for starting own business.
- Ontario March of Dimes
- Helps people with disabilities achieve greater independence by providing job training and finding them employment.
- Ontario Self-Employment Benefit Program (OSEB)
- Business advisor counselling services and income support for up to 42 weeks while you develop and implement a business plan.
- Service Canada: Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Provides funding for national, regional and local projects that assist people with disabilities in preparing for and finding employment or self-employment, as well as acquiring the skills necessary to maintain that new employment.
- Vast number of resources and information on employment for persons with a disability. This website is managed by the Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work.