Our Campus, Our Colours Contest
Win a tuition fee credit worth $2,500.
Contest Eligibility and Rules
The masculine gender includes the feminine and is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
- The Our Campus, Our Colours contest is only open to uOttawa students;
- The Grand Prize can only be won by uOttawa students and is a tuition fee credit worth $2,500;
- To enter the contest, students must share pictures of themselves wearing uOttawa and/or Gee-Gees garnet or grey apparel on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #GGnation. The contest runs from September 29th at 12:01 a.m. to November 2nd 2018 at 1:00 p.m.;
- Students may enter as many times as they wish;
- A committee of representatives from Student Life will be presented a list of semi-finalists selected at random by contest application Woobox from which they will select the contest winner based on specific criteria set out by the office of Financial Aid at the University of Ottawa;
- Semi-finalists will be messaged in private on the social media platform they used to share their picture to confirm that they have been selected. Semi-finalists are responsible to keep track of their direct messages and respond before the deadline;
- Semi-finalists must be able to attend the Colonel By Classic Men’s Hockey Game hosted at TD Place Arena on November 16th at 7:00 p.m. Semi-finalists will be given one ticket to attend the game. No purchase necessary;
- The contest winner will be announced at the Colonel By Classic Men’s Hockey Game. The winner will be required to participate in a half-time show ceremony where they will be photographed being presented a cheque for $2,500;
- Should one semi-finalist not be able to attend the match, he will be disqualified;
- Names of the winner and semi-finalists will be announced on Student Life social media platforms, websites and in the newsletter The Gee and in any other media used by the University, at its own discretion;
- The University of Ottawa will not assume liability of any nature in all cases where their inability to act results from an event or situation beyond its control, a strike, lockout or any other labor dispute occurs in the sponsor facilities or in the facilities of the organizations or businesses whose services are used for holding the contest;
- By entering the contest, the winner authorizes the University of Ottawa to use, if required, their name, photograph, location, voice, image and / or statement regarding the prize for advertising or other purposes, without any compensation.