Impact of new provincial restrictions on campus
The Ontario government announced new restrictions Oct. 9 on many activities and businesses that will remain in place for the next 28 days. These measures are put in place to curb the spread of COVID-19 as the province is reporting an increase in positives cases.
For uOttawa campus it means:
- Teaching and research activities already underway on campus may continue, provided they strictly respect public health guidelines.
- All events organized by uOttawa employees are cancelled, except prayer services. Events organized by external stakeholders have been prohibited since September.
- Participation to meetings taking place on campus is limited to 10 people or fewer, regardless of the size of the space.
- The Dining Hall will only offer take out service.
- All gyms and the pool are closed, except for varsity training.
- No recreational or sport activities will be allowed, except for varsity training