This scholarship fund will provide uOttawa students with invaluable international study and work experiences, strengthening their global skills and competencies. This program is designed to encourage low-income students, students with disabilities and Indigenous students to participate in study and work abroad programming.
The value of this award will be between $2,000 to $10,000. This project is funded by Global Skills Opportunity, the Government of Canada’s outbound mobility pilot program.
Want to know if you are eligible?
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be enrolled full- or part-time as an undergraduate student at uOttawa and paying tuition fees to the University of Ottawa at the time of application;
- Be in good academic standing as established by your faculty and program;
- Be participating in an international experience through a program or project at the University of Ottawa (such as an exchange, CO-OP placement, or field research);
- Provide evidence of either financial hardship (as decided by the University of Ottawa's Financial Aid and Awards Service), Indigenous status (through a Certificate of Indian Status), or a disability (as determined by the University of Ottawa's Disability Services) (as determined by the Academic Accommodations).
Note that choosing non-traditional places increases your chances of being selected as a scholarship recipient (countries other than the U.S, U.K, France, and Australia).
Are you ready to apply?
All applications for scholarships and bursaries must be submitted through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, found in the uoZone portal.