On November 15, 16, 17, and 18, the University will upgrade to version 9.2 of uoCampus and the Student Centre. This important update is an necessary step to maintain the performance of the student system and continue to offer the University community the best work tool possible.
Impact of upgrade on users
Thursday, November 14 at 11:59 p.m. until Tuesday, November 19 at 7 a.m., the IT systems that support the University’s academic activities will undergo a major update. During this time, uoZone, VirtuO, uoCampus, Student Centre, Faculty Centre, and several peripheral systems will be completely or partially offline. No academic transactions will be possible online or in-person with any faculties and most services during this time.
Brightspace (Virtual Campus), the @uOttawa email platform, CO-OP, Work-Study and Community Engagement navigators, as well as Jobs Now and EvaluAction will operate normally.
How will I be able to access applications that will operate normally?
Between November 15 and 18, for the duration of the systems maintenance, a limited number of online services will operate normally without going through uoZone. To access them, please use the following links:
- Brightspace (Campus virtuel) - uOttawa.brightspace.com
- uOttawa email - www.g.uOttawa.ca
- Coop Navigators - https://nav-coop-sso.uottawa.ca/CoopNav.Net/LoginSSO.aspx
- Work-Study Navigator - https://nav-rte-ws-sso.uottawa.ca/WorkStudyNav.NET/LoginSSO.aspx
- Community Engagement Navigator - https://nav-cemc-cgce-sso.uottawa.ca/Community/LoginSSO.aspx
- JobsNow - https://nav-ed-jn-sso.uottawa.ca/JobsNow/LoginSSO.aspx
- Online Scholarships and Bursaries - https://bourses.uottawa.ca/
- EvaluAction - https://uottawa.ca/tces
What will change after the update?
Version 9.2 will not change how uoCampus is used. The interface and the functionalities will only be modified slightly as the update affects mainly the operations of the back end. This new version will facilitate the subsequent updates that can now take place one functionality at a time, giving us more flexibility to adjust to users’ needs.
Why do the update in November?
In order to limit disruptions to academic operations, November was chosen as the optimal time for the activation of uoCampus 9.2.