Walid Ben Amar
Walid Ben Amar
Full Professor, Telfer School of Management
Room: DMS 7104
Office: 613-562-5800 ext. 4723
Work E-mail: email@example.com
Walid Ben Amar is full professor of accounting at the Telfer School of Management of the University of Ottawa. A chartered professional accountant, he holds a Master's degree in accounting from Université du Québec à Montréal and a Ph.D. in business administration from HEC Montréal. Professor Ben Amar’s research interests include corporate governance and corporate social responsibility with a focus on climate change finance and reporting. His research findings has been published in several peer-reviewed journals such as Journal of Business Ethics, Business Strategy and the Environment and Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, among others.
Professor Ben Amar’s research lies at the intersection of accounting, finance and environmental sustainability. Using mostly quantitative methodologies, he is interested in the drivers of climate risk reporting quality, climate change governance as well as capital markets pricing of corporate exposure to climate-related risks.
Type of Student Support He Seeks
Professor Ben Amar seeks highly motivated graduate students interested to undertake research in the areas of sustainable finance, climate change reporting and governance.
Possible Research Question Examples a Student He Supervises Could Work On
- What are the determinants of climate risk reporting quality?
- What are the effects of institutional pressures and managerial incentives on proactive climate change adaptation strategies?
- Do investors and creditors price corporate exposure to climate-related risks?
- Are carbon pricing mechanisms effective in curbing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions?
- What is the role of the accounting profession and investment community in corporate adaptation to climate change?