We are confident that you will take advantage of the resources that are available to you to fully benefit from your student experience within the Faculty of Medicine.
To get off to a good start, we encourage you to read the information below.
The Next Steps!
2. When you have fulfilled all the conditions of your offer of admission: register for your courses before the deadline.
Registration for ongoing activities:
- List of ongoing activities: Seminar, thesis activity, research project activity, comprehensive exam, etc.
- You are responsible for maintaining your registration for all terms, that is, for registering for ongoing activities for all terms if the final grade is not awarded. Registration for these activities is not automatic.
3. Pay your Tuition Fees.
4. Activate your @uOttawa.ca email.
- Once enrolled to your courses, you will receive a message to your personal email address with the details of your @uOttawa email account.
- To read messages sent to your @uOttawa.ca email address, go to and enter your username and password.
- All university communications will now be sent to your @uOttawa.ca email. You must use this same email to communicate with our office ().
- This same account will allow you to access the online tools available in uoZone, our student portal.
5. Get Your Cards.
- Get your uOttawa card and U-Pass.
The uOttawa card is the official student identity card for the University of Ottawa. It integrates several functions such as shopping on campus and giving you access to a wide range of student services.
Among other things, you will:
- Have your first meeting with your before December 31.
- Attend a number of seminars in the fall and winter and record all the seminars you have attended on the .
A meeting will be organized at the beginning of the fall term with your program director who will discuss the important stages of your program. More information on this activity will be emailed to all new students. It is important to register for this back-to-school orientation activity.
9. Register for the back to school activities
- Orientation activity of the Faculty of Medicine.
Meet with your program director.
- Activities organized by your student associations
Other activities that may interest you
The University of Ottawa and the Faculty of Medicine offer a variety of resources across its campuses.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the content of the following web pages: