When a problem is not of an academic nature, it is a sign that you must seek out an alternate service.
|If at any time a student is at risk of harming themselves or others, call
Protection Services (on campus) at 613-562-5411, or Emergency Services (off campus) at 911.
The University of Ottawa and the Faculty of Medicine provides an impressive list of resources available across its campuses.
We encourage all students to familiarize themselves with this list.
24-hour Emergency Services
If you require immediate assistance, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
For a full list of off campus community resources:
Access to Counselling Services for Graduate Students
If you wish to make an appointment to speak with a counsellor, please follow the procedure below:
An appointment with a counsellor will be scheduled within two (2) weeks of contacting the Wellness Office.
If such a date is not available, you and the therapist will be made aware of the delay and arrangements will be made to support you.
While the Faculty Wellness Office can provide services to students experiencing distress, they are not an emergency service.
A list of off campus community resources available for crisis support can also be found under the 24-hour Emergency services tab.
- : an initiative that allows students who may be experiencing stress or a difficult situation to improve their wellness through the benefits of spending time with therapy dogs.
- : learn about the mental health services available through your Graduate Student Association.
Understanding Mental Illness
- (Human Rights Office)
- : The Center provides services that support your classroom, career, and personal needs in a manner consistent with Indigenous culture and values.
- : Mentors are here to help International and Exchange students adjust to their new environment.
- (offered by SASS): The Counselling Services hosts regular wellness group activities that aim to empower students and foster resilience and build a sense of community around various wellness themes.
- : A multi-faith team of volunteer chaplains and faith liaisons work together to provide spiritual resources for students.