The project has an expected 7 year lifespan, which will be divided into phases and is anchored by the UGME Curriculum Renewal Project Charter. Below you will find Newsletters, Podcasts and Upcoming Events providing important project information and details as we aim for, progress and achieve project milestones. Make sure to visit often as this information is updated on a monthly basis.
The UGME Curriculum Renewal project was initiated in the Summer of 2020, with the primary objective centered on creating a description of the “characteristics, qualities, professional values and abilities” that define a graduate of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Ottawa.
Project Phases and Reports
Like any major project, we have approached and are managing this one using recognized Project Management Institute methodologies. You will find below various phases representing our planning, Implementation and Execution, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing project stages. Within each, feel free to browse the various reports and recorded webinars that have been produced to date. Please contact our curriculum project coordinator at should you have any questions or would like to receive more information.
- Curriculum Structure Working Group Report
- EPA Implementation Working Group Report
- Social Accountability Working Group Report
- Assessment Working Group Report (currently being translated)
- Patient Partner Working Group Report (currently being translated)
- Interprofessional Education Working Group Report (currently being translated)
- Education Technology Working Group Report (currently being translated)
- Phase 1 Synthesis Report
- Summary of Phase I Townhall
- To follow
- To follow