Children’s Healthy Eating Program
The Children’s Healthy Eating Program
Eating nutritious food is a key part of a child’s healthy development, but getting your child to eat well can sometimes be one of the hardest parts of parenting.
The Healthy Eating program helps parents raise good eaters, using an innovative system created for busy parents.
This bilingual program uses the latest thinking on children's eating to lower parents’ stress and help get children on the right track.
Whether you have an infant about to start solid food, a toddler who’s not eating as much, or a preschool or school-age child with eating concerns, we can help.
What to expect
The Children’s Healthy Eating Program offers:
- A start-to-finish feeding strategy that will help you cruise from the first solid food to the tween years;
- In-person counselling on the latest thinking around feeding children;
- Skills in managing mealtimes and overcoming common obstacles to good eating; and
- Time to answer your questions and concerns about your child’s eating.
The Children’s Healthy Eating Program is for:
- Parents with infants looking to start solid food;
- Parents with questions about their toddler’s eating; and
- Concerned parents with preschool or school-age children up to the age of 12.
The program is not well-suited for children:
- Needing breastfeeding or formula help;
- With major medical issues;
- With major food allergies or intolerances, including celiac disease;
- Who have functional eating issues that need help from a speech or occupational therapist; or
- Who have developed serious body image issues.
How to Access
You get a 75-minute face-to-face session with a family physician to discuss your child’s eating, in either French or English.
The appointments are with a physician with an interest in children's eating, and are referral-only, so you need to speak with your family doctor or nurse practitioner.
Good news: The session is free with a referral from your doctor or nurse practitioner.
Ask your physician or nurse practitioner for a referral today.
Referrals can be sent to our clinic by fax at 613-564-6627.
Referrals for Quebec patients are accepted.
For further information, you can call the clinic at 613-564-3950 extension 477.