Physical activity is an important part of one’s overall wellness. Canadians need to move more and sit less as part of their everyday routine to help them achieve their optimal health. Our Health Promotion Team knows all about healthy exercising on a busy student schedule. They adopt a peer to peer education method to teach and inspire students and staff on campus about physical activity and exercise. Come discover Canada's Physical Activity Guidelines, how to remain active during exams, how to avoid sedentary behaviours and much more.
For more information on physical activity, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 and Physical Activity
- Neighbourhood sidewalks, streets, and paths are all still available to get outside and get moving. When doing these activities, here are some tips to stay safe:
- Step-aside or pass others quickly and courteously on sidewalks. Passing someone on the sidewalk is not considered a close contact or a significant risk for exposure to COVID-19.
- When moving at a fast pace (such as when running or cycling), it is best to stay as far away from others as possible
Physical Activity tips:
- Take short active breaks during the day
- Follow a free online exercise class
- Walk. Even in small spaces, walking around or walking on the spot, can help you remain active
- Aim to interrupt sitting and reclining time by standing up every 30 minutes
Physical Activity Resources
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP): The resource for translating advances in exercise science research into the promotion of fitness, performance, and health outcomes for Canadians.
- Exercise is Medicine: Exercise is Medicine® Canada (EIMC) is a movement to encourage a healthy lifestyle among Canadians.
- Physical Activity & Your Health: Learn about the benefits of physical activity and tips to get active.
- ParticipACTION: Your go-to source for motivational content to help you stay active and healthy.
- MyFitness Pal : Track your health from anywhere, anytime.
- RunKeeper : Track your runs, walks and more.