Health Promotion is recruiting!
The Health Promotion (HP) Peer Education Program is made up of approximately 60 volunteers (Peer Educators) and 6 Team Leaders who are dedicated to make health information accessible to students and to encourage well-being through healthy choices.
Peer Educator (PE) Details:
- Volunteer position (claimable hours on your co-curricular record - CCR)
- Bilingualism required (French & English)
- Undergraduate students from all faculties are welcome to apply
- Act as a representative of uOttawa Health Services (UOHS) and the health topic of the team you are assigned to (Drugs & Alcohol, Global Health, Mental Health, Nutrition, Sexual Health & Physical Activity)
- 3 hours/week from September 2018 to April 2019 (1hr = team meeting, 2hrs = educational outreach)
- Actively contribute to your team’s development by sharing your ideas on how to educate students on various health topics in fun and interactive ways
- Assist with events such as pet therapy, yoga, meditation, wellness week, flu clinics, President’s brunch and many more!
- Successful candidates must attend a mandatory 2 day training on August 30th & 31st 2018
- All PEs qualify to apply for a paid Work Study Program Team Leader (TL) position after successfully completing both Fall & Winter Terms with Health Promotion
Still interested? Apply online! (deadline: February 28th)
For more information, come visit us in UCU203 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Being a PE has helped me to be more confident when talking to people, whether they are friends or strangers."
"Being a PE for the Nutrition team has been so fulfilling and I truly enjoyed my experience. I am so glad to have met such wonderful people and I can't wait to come back next year!"
"Working with the HP team has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. It's allowed me to grow my skills, share my passion for healthy living and meet extraordinary people. I would definitely recommend joining us!"