Understanding your sexual health is an important part of your overall health and wellness. Our Health Promotion team is here to provide peer to peer education to talk to students on campus about healthy relationships, consent, STBBIs, how to get tested, contraception and much more.
For more information on Sexual Health, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 and Sexual Health
Tips for how to enjoy sex and to avoid getting or passing COVID-19:
- The safest person to have sex with is yourself (masturbation)
- Avoid having sexual relations with people who don’t live with you
- Options for non-physical sexual connections with new or existing sexual partners are sexting, online “virtual dates” or phone sex
- It’s extremely important to practice safer sex (e.g., condoms with lubricant or dental dam use) to prevent sexually transmitted infection (STBBI) transmission
- COVID-19 isn’t a sexually transmitted infection. So far, there’s no evidence that COVID-19 can spread through semen or vaginal fluids.
- Unsafe at Home Ottawa is a secure text and online chat service for women who may be living through increased violence and abuse at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Text (613) 704-5535 or chat online
Sexual Health Resources
Sex It Smart: Order your condoms or dental dams online and get them delivered to your Ottawa area address for free.
Planned Parenthood Ottawa: Planned Parenthood Ottawa (PPO) is a pro-choice organization promoting healthy sexuality and supporting informed sexual and reproductive health choices through education, counselling, information, and referral services.
Sexuality and You: provides accurate, credible, and up-to-date information and education on topics related to sexual and reproductive health.
Apps & Educational Videos
- My sex doctor: All the things you want to know about sex. (English only)
- Sexplanations with Dr. Doe (Youtube Channel): Go-to source for clinical sex edutainment on Youtube. (English only)