Addiction Medicine

Icon Addictions Patients with problem use, abuse or addiction to the following substances can be seen:

  • Alcohol
  • Cannabis
  • Opiates
  • Methamphetamines
  • Cocaine
  • Benzodiazepines
  • Other problem substance use

What to Expect

Dr Brodie Ramin has a GP focused practice and a designation in addiction medicine.  Dr Ramin and his team will:

  • Conduct an initial assessment
  • Administer pharmacotherapy
  • Provide follow up
  • Arrange referrals to counselling, psychiatry or other treatments as indicated

How to Access

The Addiction Medicine service is available by referral to anyone. A patient’s family physician should fax referrals to 613-564-6627.

HP Blog

Hours of Operation

Walk-in Clinic
100 Marie Curie, Ottawa

Monday: 8 AM - 8 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 8 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 8 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 8 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 8 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 2 PM
Sunday: 10 AM - 2 PM*

*Summer Hours: The Walk-in Clinic will be closed on Sundays from June 4th to August 27th

Important Walk in appointment information for Rideau Clinic location


300-100 Marie Curie Pvt
Ottawa, ON
K1N 6N5

Tel: 613-564-3950

Fax: 613-564-6627

After Hours Access to Care

Patients registered with a family doctor at UOHS

In case of emergency, always dial 911. THAS connects you to a nurse who can provide medical advice, or, if appropriate, provide access to a family health team doctor or suggest that you go to emergency.


Patients not registered with a family doctor at UOHS – Ontario residents

In case of emergency, always dial 911. Telehealth Ontario is a free service that allows Ontario residents to speak to a Registered Nurse with their medical questions any time of the day or night. This could be when you're sick or injured but aren't sure if you need to see a doctor or can treat the situation at home.


Patients not registered with a family doctor at UOHS – Quebec residents

In case of emergency, always dial 911. Info-Santé 8-1-1  is a free and confidential telephone consultation service that puts you in contact with a nurse in case of a non-urgent health issue.

Info-Santé 811

Back to top