STBBIs – Sexually Transmitted Blood-borne Infections Testing
- Concerned you might have an STI? You can see a physician or nurse practitioner at our walk-in clinic or book an appointment with your family health care provider.
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) - Looking for confidential and fast testing for HIV? Go to UOHS Health Promotion (located at University Centre - 203) on Wednesdays from September-April for free, rapid and anonymous HIV testing. You can drop by or call to book an appointment at 613-564-3950 ext. 290.
- Looking for another place to get STI testing? The Ottawa Public Health Sexual Health Clinic offers similar services to our walk-in clinic. If you live in Gatineau, you can go to Clinique Santé Sexualité du Plateau.
Pap Test – Cervical Cancer Screening
- Looking to get a Pap test? Book an appointment with your family physician or nurse practitioner.
- HPVinfo: Spread the word, not the disease. The facts on the human papillomavirus from Canada’s experts.
UTI - Urinary Tract Infections
- Concerned you might have a UTI? You can see a physician or nurse practitioner at our walk-in clinic or book an appointment with your family healthcare provider.
Questions about your sexual health?
- Want to find resources accessible to you as a student? Check out uOttawa Health Promotion on campus. Or if you are in the Outaouais region, you can book an appointment at your local CLSC.
- SexandU: A real-life approach to the questions and issues around sex and sexuality that matter most to Canadians.
- Want to ask sexual health questions anonymously? You can live chat or call Sexual Health Ontario. There's also an app for that. Check out My Sex Doctor.
- Get vaccinated from cervical cancer and genital warts! We have Gardasil9, the vaccine that protects against HPV.
Looking for birth control?
- Want an IUD/IUC insertion? Book an appointment with one of our specialists.
- What to expect at an IUC visit.
- It’sAPlan: Helping you make decisions about contraception.
- Book an appointment with your family physician or nurse practitioner to discuss options.
- Looking for emergency birth control? The LINK can help explain the options.
Want to ask a specialist?
- Have concerns about your reproductive (women’s) health? Check out the services offered at our clinic.
- YourPeriod: The facts on menstruation from Canada’s experts.
- Concerned about incontinence and the muscles of your pelvic floor? Here is a list of pelvic floor physiotherapists in the Ottawa region.
- Want to track your period and ovulation cycle? There's an App for that. Check out Clue.
- MenopauseandU: The facts on menopause from Canada’s experts.
- Are you newly pregnant and need a care provider? Our specialists can provide care during your pregnancy.
- PregnancyInfo: The facts on pregnancy and childbirth from Canada’s experts.
- Considering parenting, adoption or abortion? Planned Parenthood Ottawa can provide all-options counselling and direct you to your desired services. You can access similar services at Clinique des femmes in the Outaouais region.
Have you recently experienced sexual assault or domestic violence?
- The Sexual Assault and Partner Abuse Program at the Ottawa Hospital have 24/7 services available for you.
- Want to speak to someone now? Call a crisis line.
- Need a safe place to stay? Here is a list of shelters.
- Want to report a sexual assault? The Ottawa Police have a victim crisis unit to help.
- If you are a uOttawa student or staff, uOttawa Human Rights Office can help you too.
- The Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre offers counselling.
- Ottawa Victims Services can connect you with resources like access to safe transportation.
- If you are looking for counselling services in French, CALACS can guide you.
Additional Community Resources
- Looking for programs and services catered to gay, bi, transmen and other men who have sex with men in the Ottawa area? The Gay ZONE (a.k.a Gay Men’s Sexual Health Clinic) can provide screening and treatment for STIs, etc. Or check out MAX Ottawa's health connection for guys into guys.
- Looking for service delivery catered to Trans, Two-Spirit, Intersex and Gender Diverse Communities? The Ottawa CHC Trans Health Program has culturally safe primary health, mental health and community based service.