Health Promotion is recruiting for 2020-2021!
The Health Promotion (HP) Peer Wellness Education Program is made up of approximately 80 volunteers (Peer Wellness Educators) and 6 Team Leaders who are dedicated to make health information accessible to students and to encourage well-being through healthy choices.
Peer Educator (PWE) Details:
- Volunteer position (claimable hours on your co-curricular record - CCR)
- Bilingualism preferred (French & English)
- Undergraduate students from all faculties are welcome to apply
- Act as a representative of uOttawa and the health topic of the team you are assigned to (Drugs & Alcohol, Global Health, Mental Health, Nutrition, Sexual Health & Physical Activity)
- 3 hours/week from August 31, 2020 to April 2021 (1hr = team meeting, 2hrs = educational outreach)
- Actively contribute to your team’s development by sharing your ideas on how to educate students on various health topics in fun and interactive ways
- Assist with events such as pet therapy, yoga, meditation, wellness week, flu clinics, President’s Welcome and many more!
- Successful candidates must attend a mandatory 2 day training on September 3-4, 2020
- All PWEs qualify to apply for a paid Work Study Program Team Leader (TL) position after successfully completing both Fall & Winter Terms with Health Promotion
Still interested? Our recruitment campaign has launched!
If you're interested, complete the online registration form.
For more information, come visit us in UCU203 or email us at email@example.com
"Being a PE has helped me to be more confident when talking to people, whether they are friends or strangers."
"Being a PE for the Nutrition team has been so fulfilling and I truly enjoyed my experience. I am so glad to have met such wonderful people and I can't wait to come back next year!"
"Working with the HP team has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. It's allowed me to grow my skills, share my passion for healthy living and meet extraordinary people. I would definitely recommend joining us!"