This year, we are proud that 35 of the 40 pages have made uOttawa their choice for postsecondary studies.
Are you interested in Canadian politics? Would you enjoy working alongside members of Parliament? Want to earn $16,587 (plus a bonus on successful completion of the contract) for this incredible experience?
Pages are the people who collect and distribute official documents, link MPs to their Hill offices, serve House officials and act as a liaison for various MPs. They also make great guest speakers at high schools, sharing their experiences with a variety of groups.
During their first year of university studies, the best and brightest students from across Canada are chosen to work in the House of Commons. They must study at one of the universities in the National Capital Region.
Every year the University of Ottawa welcomes most of the 40 House of Commons pages. Here’s why:
- a high quality education provided by the only university in the region to be ranked in the top 150 universities in the world
- a unique French immersion stream and an added bonus of up to $4,000 for studying in French
- the opportunity to become a bilingual professional by studying in both French and English at the world’s largest bilingual (English-French) university
- a short walking distance to Parliament Hill, Canada’s political epicentre
To be a part of this exciting program, you must be bilingual and maintain an average of 80%. Interested?
For more information:
- visit the House of Commons Page Program website
- speak with your guidance counsellor