Damages: collective billing
Damages on your floor
When damage occurs in residence and no one comes forward to take responsibility, the cost is split between everyone on the floor or cluster.
Once damage is identified:
- A report is posted detailing damage and repair or replacement cost.
- If the person responsible for the damage does not come forward within 10 days, the charges for the damage will be split.
- If you know who did the damage, try to convince them to speak with their CA or speak with your CA yourself, before the deadline.
- If the damage was caused intentionally, disciplinary measures will be taken.
Note: If you know that you’ll be gone for an extended period of time, you could let your CA know in advance and thus be exempt from any damages that occur during that time period.
Move-in Inspection and deficiency report
- When you move in, take a few minutes to inspect your room and note any deficiencies you may find. Test appliances, electrical outlets and switches, lamps, furniture and water taps and drains, where applicable.
- Report deficiencies using the Maximo form.
- If, for any reason, you don't have access to the form, go to the reception for assistance.