What you will find in residence
LeBlanc, Marchand, Stanton, Thompson
- Common kitchen equipped with a sink and cooktop, a refrigerator and microwave ovens. Complete with separated seating area.
- On ground floor: open concept community kitchen and dining area, equipped with a sink, cooktops, full range, refrigerators and microwave ovens.
- On every floor residents enjoy a sunny community kitchen and eating area, equipped with a sink, cooktops, a refrigerator and microwave ovens.
Suites and studios
90 University suites
- Kitchenette equipped with a sink, a fridge and a microwave oven, shared with 1 roommate. Complete with a 2-person table per suite. Ground floor community kitchen equipped with full-size ranges and microwave ovens.
Friel suites and studios
- Kitchenette equipped with a sink, a mini-fridge and a microwave oven, shared with roommates. Ground floor kitchen equipped with full-size range and microwave ovens
- There is a community kitchen on the 3rd floor, where many live in studios without a kitchenette.
- Comes with a full kitchen equipped with a sink, a refrigerator and a full-size range. Shared with roommates. Separate dining area.
- Open concept kitchen and dining area, equipped with a sink, a refrigerator, a full-size range and a microwave. Shared with roommates.
- Open concept kitchen and dining area, equipped with stainless steel appliances: refrigerator, full-size range, microwave and a dish washing machine. Shared with roommates.
Groceries - Bus shuttle
The Loblaws Super Store on Rideau St. (at Nelson) is at walking distance and offers a 10% rebate on any purchase.
- When: Every Tuesday and Thursday, from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.,
Fall: Sept. 8 - Dec. 8, 2015 / Winter: Jan. 12 - May 3, 2016
- Itinerary : Henderson - Thompson - Rideau - Loblaws Super Store
- You can use kettles and coffeemakers in your room (equipped with an automatic shut-off)
- Any other cooking/heating appliance can only be used in the designated kitchens. You must, however, store them in your bedroom if you live in a traditional residence.
- You are allowed to have a mini-fridge or freezer in your room. Rent from Coldex
- Appliances that use an open flame (BBQs, fondue, camping stoves, birthday candles, etc.) CANNOT be used anywhere in residence.
If you are using a private kitchen (Brooks, Hyman Soloway, 90U, Friel)
- You are responsible for cleaning and storing your dishes, appliances, and kitchenware in your assigned cupboard space.
- You are responsible for following your Roommate Agreement regarding kitchen use and cleanliness.
If you are using a common kitchen
- Keep the kitchen clean, as per standards set out at your floor meetings.
- Wash your dishes and take them back to your room with your food, appliances and other belongings after each meal
- Housekeeping comes in daily to clean the common kitchens, and reserves the right to deny access to a kitchen if it is too messy.
- NEVER take food that doesn’t belong to you.