Second year and up students
Next year, stay in residence!
Upper year living style means having your own space. Stay on campus and have many useful resources at your disposal while living in a building more suited to the upper year student's needs.
As a full-time upper year student, you are welcome to stay on campus. You just need to apply. Applications and reservations are made in the Housing Portal, via uoZone.
Have a look at the living options which best suit upper year students
- Annex – Our newest residence! Annex offers studios for one person as well as apartments for up to five people. Each bedroom has a private bathroom. ($902-$1,556 per month/12-month residence)
- 45 Mann–Apartments for one, two, three or four people. Each bedroom has a private bathroom. ($940-$1,496 per month/12-month residence)
- Hyman Soloway–Apartments for up to four people. ($922-$1,019 per month/12-month residence)
- Friel–Two dedicated floors with suites and studios. ($862-$1,212 per month/8-month residence)
- Rideau – Two floors with large single occupancy rooms and private bathrooms. ($1,280 per month/8-month residence)
Residence fees are due at the start of every term. Check the important dates and deadlines.
Already a resident?
Annex, Hyman Soloway and 45 Mann residents
You can stay in your room or ask to move to another unit within your residence. It’s very easy!
- Check the dates and deadlines pages;
- Apply for your room;
- Sign your new residence agreement when notified.
Coming back to residence is easy.
- Have a look at the living options for upper year students.
- Apply online and follow instructions.
Applications will be processed on a first come, first serve basis.
New to residence?
If you are not currently living in residence, you can still apply for a room in September. It’s never too late to benefit from the many advantages of living on campus.
Reserve a room for September now and be stressed-free over the summer.
- Log into uoZone and access the Housing Portal.
- Select your housing preferences. To change your choices once your application has been submitted, please send an email to residence@uOttawa.ca. Do not withdraw your request.
- Pay a $700 deposit online by credit card or by an alternative payment method. (Be aware that processing your payment this way can take several days.)