All travelers entering Canada must quarantine for 14 days starting from the day they arrive in the country in accordant with the mandatory quarantine rules.
Students living in residence travelling from outside of Canada will not be allowed to move into residence without first completing quarantine.
You can make your own quarantine arrangements in a local hotel of your choice or register to the University of Ottawa quarantine package that includes:
- Self-contained premiere one bedroom hotel suite at Les Suites Hotel,Ottawa.
- Included: bedding, towels, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, soap, microwave, refrigerator, utilities, and Wi-Fi internet access.
- Housekeeping services is not offered. You will be provided with instructions on how to maintain a clean space.
- Three (3) meals per day delivered to your room every morning.
- Regular check ins from our community and peer support team.
- Assistance in case you develop COVID-19 symptoms while in quarantine.
- Instructions from Housing Service on how to safely transition to University residence if applicable to you.
You may also share a room. Each suite can accommodate up to 4 persons of the same family. Two-bedroom suite are also available. Contact us to inquire about the rate.
The extra cost for three meals a day would be $26.87 per person, per day (plus tax).
$86.87 + tax per day, charged directly to your student account after your quarantine is over.
You are responsible to pay any incidental expenses (long distance calls, movie rentals, etc.)
There is no charge if you cancel your plans before arriving in Canada. Simply send us an email as soon as possible.
You are responsible for booking your own transportation from the airport to the hotel. Do not use public transit.
Les Suites Hotel is located at 130 Besserer St, Ottawa, ON, K1N 9M9.
We recommend using an official taxi service which is available as soon as you leave the arrivals area of the airport.
You can also use a private vehicle or use a ride service like Uber.
You will have to wear a non-medical mask or face covering and practice 2 metre physical distancing until you reach your room.
The cost of the taxi ride can be up to $80. Have a credit card or enough cash for your transportation.
As per the the mandatory quarantine rules set out by the Government of Canada, the meal package is mandatory. You will receive three meals per day, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
If you have medical or religious requirements, inform us in the webform or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Order extra food
- Use the free Uber Eats or DoorDash app to order meals from local restaurants. They provide no-contact delivery and will drop off the meal at your hotel room door.
- Order grocery from the Loblaws grocery store. Select Find Location and search Rideau Street, Ottawa. You can order groceries with no-contact delivery through the Loblaws website.
- Order from the hotel has a café that offers room service .
If you need more water, use the hotel’s tap water. Ottawa’s water is rigorously monitored and safe to drink.
NOTE: Uber Eats, DoorDash and grocery delivery services require payment by credit card. If you won’t have access to a credit card when you arrive, consider purchasing a pre-paid credit card.
You can also get assistance from the front desk staff by dialing ‘0’ from your room's phone. This service is available 24/7.
- You are not allowed to leave unless it is to seek medical attention. Your suite gives you access to a small balcony.
- No visitors are allowed during the quarantine period.
If you have an urgent matter that requires immediate assistance, you may reach someone at the International Office by phone at +1 343-961-6802. This number is also connected to the Whatsapp and Telegram messaging apps.
While we will do our best to assist you, we cannot guarantee that someone will assist you immediately, especially during the night in Ottawa.
If you are moving into a residence after your quarantine, you can also contact our Housing Service at 613-562-5885 or residence@uOttawa.ca.
- Take the Government of Ontario self-assessment.
- Send an email to jjespers@uOttawa.ca or call/message 343-961-6802 to inform us of the situation.
- If you are ever in distress (e.g., significant trouble breathing, chest pain, fainting, or have a significant worsening of any chronic disease symptoms), go to the nearest emergency department or call 9-1-1.
- To speak to a medical professional about COVID-19, contact Ottawa Public Health at 613-580-6744 or Tele-Health Ontario at 1-866-797-0000. If you are not in Ottawa, contact your nearest public health authority.
- Should you develop any COVID-19 symptoms or are exposed to a person in quarantine who exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, you must remain in quarantine for another 14 days.
You will be covered by the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).
After the quarantine
If you need to extend your stay at the end of the quarantine period, you can make your own arrangements directly with Les Suites Hotel or call 1-800-267-1989 (US & Canada) or 1-613-232-2000 (International).
If you are moving in residence, we will contact you to plan your move in to your assigned residence room.
If you are moving off-campus, make your arrangements prior to your arrival in Ottawa. Visit our Off-Campus Housing webpage or contact us at 613-562-5621.