Holiday Period in Residence
Residences remain open during the Holiday break identified by the University; residence administrative services, like others on campus, will either shut down or operate on a reduced schedule during the Holiday break. Students are free to leave for the duration of the break, part of it, or stay in their room until the start of the new term.
Please note that all access doors to the residences will be locked at all times during the Holiday period. Residents must have their access cards with them in order to enter the buildings.
Postal Services will also interrupt its operations for the duration of the Holiday break. Mail and parcels received during this time will be delivered early January.
If you're staying
Please note many campus and residence administrative services will either shut down or operate on a reduced schedule during this time.
The Dining Hall will remain open at a reduced schedule. If you have a meal plan, you will be able to use it. It will also be possible to pay at the door.
You will be able to access the Dining Hall through the doors located in-between Morisset Hall and Jock Turcot University Centre.
Garbage, recycling and compost
Open on select days. Please refer to the Campus Recreation website for the complete schedule.
Health and Wellness
The walk-in clinic will remain open, except on December 25 and 26 and on January 1. You can view their hours of operations on their website.
Counselling offices will be closed for the Holiday period, but you can find many off-campus support options.
For any emergencies during the Holiday break, please contact Protection Services at 613-562-5411.
All residents will receive an email prior to the Holiday period containing additional information.
If you're leaving
If you are leaving your room for a long period of time, it is important to:
- Unplug all electric devices, especially those with heating elements. Back-up your computer's hard drive and unplug your computer.
- Pull things away from the heaters and leave the thermostats at 15 degrees.
- Close and lock your window. Close the curtains.
- Make sure all air vents are free of obstructions.
- Report any defective tap, drain or toilet.
- Bring your valuables with you.
- Empty your mailbox.
- Do not forget your access card and keys and do not lend them to anyone.
- Turn off lights.
- Empty your fridge or make sure there is no perishable food in it.
- Take out to the bins all garbage, compost and items for recycling. (Composting stops on December 19.)